Tuesday, November 3, 2015

NaNoWriMo Powers - Activate!

Day three of NaNoWriMo and I'm a giddy 6100 words into it.  I say giddy because I know the feeling will not last.  This is the beginning of my book and I'm familiar with these scenes already.  Now comes the hard part where I implement the new ideas and plotlines for this 2.0 version of my story.  Gone are the chasms of of inactivity.  They have been replaced with a fearless mix of mentoring and personal challenges.  The main bad guy is now up front and personal instead of mysterious.  Now it's up to me to keep up the energy, avoid the migraines, and not be distracted by to sweet siren call of my PS4.  Aww, look at it over there all calm and peaceful just waiting to play... No!  No!  Bad writer.  I had to catch myself there.  No playing until those scenes are mapped out or so help me...

You see what I'm dealing with.  The kid in me says there's always time to write, while the adult in me wants to just shake some sense into that damn kid.  Write now, you freakin' kid!  Twenty years goes by like a damn McDonalds shamrock shake.  You say just one more day and then, "What?!  Gone!?  It can't be!" But it is and you're left crushing peppermint patties into a vanilla milkshake but it's not the same.  It just isn't.

Anyway.  Oh yeah, NaNoWriMo!  Go, writers!

No comments:

Post a Comment