Tuesday, November 10, 2015

NaNoWriMo fun

Here we are in the second week of NaNoWriMo and hopefully everyone is still on pace or ahead of schedule.  For once I've managed to stay on point and I'm passed the 16000 word mark.  Here's a quick excerpt from my WIP, "Facets":

"You don't belong here, freak," Sam said in a hushed tone.  "I'm going to get you kicked out of here.  Bet on it.  I don't care what you can do."

"Too bad it's not up to you, is it, Sammy?" Talia said.

"Don't call me Sammy, freak.  Your days here are numbered."

"Well, let me get you started," Talia held up her middle finger, "One."

"Talia."

Talia spun around at the voice, snapping her hand out of sight, too late.  Dr. VanHoag stood at his door.

"If you're through, come into my office."

Sam walked away laughing more than necessary.  Talia stifled a curse and went into the director's office, closing the door behind her.


As you can see, I'm having loads of fun with this character.  Keep it up, NaNoers!

No comments:

Post a Comment