Monday, November 3, 2014

NaNoWriMo, day three

Well, it took three days for me to get to blogging about my attempt at this year's NaNoWriMo, which should be an indication of how well it's going.  It's been a rocky start but I'm going to assume that this will get the kinks out early and the rest will flow better.  I hear you scoffing, but I'm hanging my hopes on that so hush it.

Saturday is probably the worst day to start anything since I work then have to go to bed early to get early on Sunday.  I managed to get a lot of writing done at work so that helped but only about half of what I wanted since my goal was 2000 words a day.  I got down 1200 by days end so it wasn't all bad.  Then Sunday came and along with it a migraine that got worse as the day went on.  I banged out about 800 words so by Monday, I was basically down by a day already.

Now, here it is Monday and my headache's gone so I'm going to make up some ground today and tonight.  So far I haven't had to stray from my plot as the scenes are going as planned.  Ideas have been popping up like summer showers but I've been able to incorporate them so far without any need for changes.  I'll take that as a good sign.  If you want to check out my first scene look here: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/ralosravenclaw/novels/crystal-heart-584630

Here's hoping everyone else is still plugging away and having fun.  Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment