Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Crystal Heart, Chapter One

Day four of NaNoWriMo sees the completion of the first chapter of my newest novel, Crystal Heart.  While I am off pace to finish 50000 words by Novenber 30th, I'm still pleased with what I've written. From what I've reviewed, I can see where more description would have helped but I'm happy with my attempt to keep the chatter to a minimum and have the dialogue be more focused and necessary.  That's not to say I won't have a few creative arguments once the characters know each other better, but that's what I like best.

The one thing I will be checking on later when I take a break is if the end of the first chapter is intriguing enough to lure the reader into wanting to read the next.  I want every chapter to end, not necessarily with a cliff hanger, but with at least a question hanging in the air that the reader will hopefully want to have answered.  By then, I've introduced more problems and more questions.  I'll see.

The next chapter will have the main character, Talia really delving into her powers and the end will bring about the biggest surprise of the beginning when she does something that has never been itnessed before.  It will also see the introduction of the trilogy's main antagonist, though for now he will only be a mysterious caller with inside knowledge.

It's getting good now.  Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment